Tuesday, January 27, 2009

#1 : Word Experience and Techniques From Chapters 1 - 3

Bonjour, Ni hao, 'ello.

Here as titled, is my previous Word experience as well as techniques and other things that caught my eye.

I'd been using Word since I was in school having been blessed to have a computer class pretty much every year of elementary school. (For those of you who may or may not remember, Kid Pix was and still is the most epic program ever.) I'm pretty familiar with the layout of Word thanks to these classes having used it to write papers and to learn to type without looking at the keyboard. In the BCIS class I took in high school, I became familiar with the block style when used for writing business letters as listed in the exercises of Chapter 2.

The Publisher program of Microsoft Office is the only program mentioned in Chapter 1 that I don't know how to use so I'd like to learn about that.

In Chapter 2, Document Collaboration was the feature mentioned that I wasn't familiar with at all because I hadn't used it before. It seems like a handy tool to know how to use when working in a group on a presentation or with a tutor or editor on a paper or article.

Finally, in Chapter 3, using clip art and positioning graphics with the new Word has proven to be a bit difficult for me so that would be another thing I'd like to review.

That's all for the moment so until next time.
- Adain

1 comment:

  1. Adain,

    What a great blog entry!! You were very thorough :) I do remember Kid Pix :)

    ReplyDelete